Come work alongside world-class engineers and professionals as we pioneer INSTRUMENTATION AND DATA ANALYTIC CAPABILITIES FOR NON-DESTRUCTIVE MATERIAL VERIFICATION OF pIPELINE ASSETS.
MMT is seeking a Director of Engineering that will lead and direct a small team of engineers for efficient and on-time delivery of novel field testing instruments. The Director of Engineering should drive the creative process and encourage innovation during design activities while managing the day-to-day tasks completed by the engineering staff. This position will report to the previous Director of Engineering who has been promoted to Chief Operating Officer. The Director of Engineering will be responsible for the design of new devices, updates to existing devices, and managing equipment support services that maintain and repair the fleet of MMT and customer test devices.
• Lead product design, validation testing, and manufacturing
• Manage the day-to-day activities of a team mechanical engineers
• Experimentation design for new component evaluation, data collection, and reporting
• Strong technical understanding of the engineers’ tasks in order to assist with troubleshooting of existing products
• Perform root cause analysis
• Evaluate and optimize current support process for equipment maintenance and repair
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
• 10+ years of experience with mechanical design from concept to final product through iterative prototyping
• 3+ years of project management with a proven track record of on-time delivery
• Strong technical skills and knowledge of mechanical engineering including machine design, stress analysis, and FEA
• Ability and desire, when necessary, to work hands on with engineers during testing and troubleshooting
• Experience working at a startup is a plus
• Experience or familiarity with inventory management, maintenance, and repair is a plus
MMT offers a competitive compensation package including company equity, yearly performance-based bonus, 401k, cell phone, laptop, health insurance and paid vacations.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.